On Monday, my family and I went to the movies and saw the movie Inside Out. It was a beautiful movie about how people get their emotions from 5 little people – or voices, actually. All together, they are the things that control you and make you you. Meet and join Joy, Fear, Anger and Disgust on a challenging journey inside a girl named Riley’s head that highlight the different parts of your mind that make you you.
Below; 5 pros about the movie:
- It has many different understanding layers of the movie- one for littlies, one for older kids like me, and one for the adults and teens.
- It is beautiful, and tells a story inside the story, so is really, really interesting, by default
- Each of the little voices ( animated by people ) have their own personality, for example- Joy is all airy-fairy, but Sadness is more heavy and droopy…
- There are little features in each person- like their emotions, for instance- that take the movie to a whole new level! For instance, because they are going through a hard time, the dad is angry about his work not going well, the mum is sad for him and the daughter because they are going through a hard time, and Riley is mainly happy because kids usually are just happy.
- The overall movie is very gorgeous, interesting, curious, meaningful, and really happy most of the time
Below; 3 cons about the movie:
- It is a difficult and simple movie at the same time, which sometimes makes it a bit harder to understand
- It was very reminiscent of the past half year, and it brought back sad and unhappy memories for Dad and Mum, but I don’t like seeing them upset
- The movie was pretty heartwrenching in some bits, and it made me a little bit sad because it reminded me of some hard times in the past half year
All in all, the movie was absolutely fantastic, and my family and I had a great time, and I really suggest you see it. Out of 5 stars, I give it…4.5 !